As a tutor, I would be able to help edit English grammar works or study MLA/Chicago style formatting and explain edits to help the student become an independent, confident English writer. Specifically I am interested in helping high school/college aged students writing applications or University admissions for example. For younger students I would be able to assist with general English tutoring.
I have a lot of experience in the Communications field professionally as well as with writing papers of all levels from my educational background. Editing, writing, transcription, article and memo-writing are all small bits of what is in my repertoire.
At least 3/5 days a week I am in Leiden and would be able to tutor in Amsterdam, Leiden or the Hague and in between.
Summary: Seeking a position where my Political Science & International Relations education, along with event management and office administration can be best utilized. Passionate about art & performance, human rights, identity politics and the relationship between sustainability, climate change and globalization. * USA citizen, Dutch resident with full working rights
● Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
● Event management: eTouches registration / marketing; LOOPD, TapCrowd application building, planning shows / events / conferences for up to 150 people.
● Technical programming for sound, lighting and multimedia design including QLab, Photoshop, Wondershare Filmora, Cyberlink PowerDirector
● Administration: creating / organizing / distributing schedules, docs & media, responsible for email communication for teams up to 40 people & assists internal communications for entire Europe / Middle East & Africa regional supply chain office
● Public Relations: media / press communication
● Social Media: SEO, create & distribute social media campaigns for various purposes
● Languages: English (native) , German (A1), Spanish (conversational)
● Data entry, editing, blog writing. Basic knowledge of R programming
● Managing teams up to 40 people across various specializations (creative, technical, public relations, general / venue management)
Education & Certifications
Leiden University / Master's of Arts International Relations Feb 2018-2019, Leiden, Netherlands.
● Focus in Culture & Politics
City University of New York Hunter College / Bachelor of Arts Political Science 2010-2015, New York City, USA.
● 9 semester program: double major Political Science & Theater Arts (production)
● Political Science honors society, graduated Cum Laude
● Honors thesis focus on human rights and Indonesian drug laws (excerpt available upon request)
● Theater course in technical production and management
University of Amsterdam, Social and Behavioral Sciences MOOCs 2017
● Methods and Statistics in Social Sciences
Deutsche Post DHL- Event Coordinator / Communications
Sept. 2017-Feb 2018 - Bonn, DE. Supply Chain Europe, Middle East & Africa region.
Theater Production, Stage Management
2016- Sydney, NSW, Australia
Sydney Chamber Opera, Carriageworks, Griffin Theater, Epic Team, Erth Visual & Physical Inc.
2015- New York City, NY, USA Off-Broadway- Soho Repertory Theater, Play Company: Ludic Proxy, 24 Hour Plays
2014-2015- London, United Kingdom Off-West End- Finborough Theater, Unicorn Theater: Flouers O'Edinburgh, Vibrant Playwriting Festival
2016- Sydney, NSW, Australia: Hilton Sydney, Marlborough Hotel 2010-2015- Manhattan, New York, USA: Brother Jimmy's, Bathtub Gin, Kingston Hall, Ninth Ward, Southern Hospitality 2007-2010- Yorktown, NY, USA various
Internship, Leadership, Volunteer, Affiliations
Theater Production / Business Management Program, Finborough Theater 08 / 2014-12 / 2014- London, United Kingdom
Worked as the resident Assistant General Manager and Deputy Manager of London's Notable Off-West End Theater. Managed various front and back of house operations for touring productions in artistic and business aspects. Worked closely with theater owner and Artistic Director, Neil McPherson.
● European Youth Conference - Gdansk, Poland (July 2017). ○ Organized by Heinrich Boell Stiftung and Green European Federation
○ Topic: 'Regain or Retreat?' European Youth in an Age of Uncertainty Volunteer
● Red Cross (New York City Chapter) Certified Emergency Disaster Relief Worker since 2011
○ Field work / relevant training for disaster relief, most notably delivering food & supplies to communities affected by Hurricane Sandy, New York City , USA.
● Berliner Table 2017. Berlin, Germany.
○ Hands-on work at the headquarters where donated produce / supplies were distributed for homeless and refugee shelters.
● SINGA Berlin 2017. Berlin, Germany.
○ Working with connecting locals, immigrants and refugees in Berlin for emotional / social support as well as career and immigration guidance.
● Tanzania Development Trust 2017 London, UK
○ Social Media- Led a small team remotely to design, develop and create a distribution strategy for a social media campaign for the Government of Tanzania. Tanzania
Engels in de buurt? Hier een selectie van leraren die je kunt bekijken. Superprof kan je ook helpen bij het vinden van lessen in Spreekvaardigheid - Engels. Leren is geen probleem meer, Schrijfvaardigheid - Engels toegankelijk voor iedereen! Lessen volgen in Leesvaardigheid - Engels is nog nooit zo makkelijk geweest: je kunt je kennis eindeloos ontwikkelen!
|Bij de leraar thuis||Bij jou thuis||Online (via webcam)|
|1 uur||Niet beschikbaar||20€||15€|
|5 uur||Niet beschikbaar||95€||75€|
|10 uur||Niet beschikbaar||190€||150€|